Positive Thought

Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm loving it...

...I've just had a greeeeaaaat week. On Tuesday I went down to London to the B2B Conference for SME (catchy name for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises). The keynote speakers were Tom Peters (I've wanted to see this guy for about 12 years), Sir Bob Geldof (amazing charisma and an uncanny ability to make you b-e-l-i-e-v-e) and Sal Pajwani (founder of ?What if! and incredibly refreshing to listen to). If you don't know who any of this guys are then Google them.

The train arrived in London on time. This left me 2 1/2 hours to kill before the event - so I skipped the underground option and walked from Euston to Earls Court. I was reminded what a vibrant, diverse, cultural and historic capital city we have. I also noticed that all the guys wearing suits looked more miserable then the guys wearing casual clothes!

Today I was invited for a 'cup of tea and a chat' with the Director, Deputy Director and Finance Manager of a local (fairly major) organisation. They seem very keen for me to join them as their Retail Manager - a very challenging but extremely exciting proposition.

It looks like I have some serious thinking to do about my future. It also looks like resigning from my job was definitely a good move.

Happy days :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home